FOURTHCORE TEAM DEATHMATCH

April 30, 2012

LCTN: Exploring the Sanctuary

THIS IS SCENE #3 IN A PLAY-BY-POST D&D GAME

Many elements of it are unique and innovative, with several key twists that will catch the players by surprise. The adventure is deadly and devious, with victory going only to those clever enough to take it. Though it may not be a traditional Fourthcore deathtrap dungeon, I assure you, dear reader, that it holds many of the ideals of Fourthcore close to its heart.

I will keep these posts easily collapsible, so that readers may easily skip past them if they wish. Although, really, you'd be missing out.

Welcome back, dungeoneer!


You are now in a situation that does not require fine tracking of time spent. Thus, everyone can post as you like with little restriction. I've removed the dungeoneer icons from the map to help foster an atmosphere of willy nilly exploration.


The Sanctuary of the Sacred Stone lies quiet, the sounds of the fireplace and your own breathing echoing across the stone walls. Blood and gore from the slain monks lies on the floor.




The Dwarves have been defeated, and with it there is no immediate or obvious threat. Dungeoneers may now take a short rest, regaining and using whatever encounter powers they have, such as Second Wind, at their leisure. For regaining hit points and spending healing surges, I will move things along by automatically spending healing surges to get everyone at least to within their surge value of maximum, then I'll let you chime in if you want to top off your hit points.


There are some characters in the group that can routinely grant extra hit points for healing surges spent. Please either post here or contact me directly if you wish  to have your character provide bonus hit points, letting me know whom you wish to include and exclude for your benefits.

Please, do be considerate about your rate of posting. If you have a lot you want to do, please be polite and post no more than one or two actions per day, allowing others with more limited internet access a chance to jump in and do something meaningful.


Likewise, if you are stumped or otherwise have nothing interesting to add at the moment, don't be afraid to make a simple comment saying so. I'd much rather hear from you saying that you're character is watching from a distance, than to hear nothing and worry that you're bored with the game.


Lastly, please do not restrict yourself via discussions. Talking in-character (via Comments and language emails) and hashing things out is a big part of this adventure. It's as roleplay heavy as I ever really get; enjoy it!


Features of the Room
  • The altar itself is about waist height and draped in a long, blue cloth. The material is hard granite.
  • There are two granite statues flanking the altar, carved in the likeness of bearded Dwarven lords.
  • There are, as obvious from the map, two sets of doors on the north end of the room.
  • The set of double doors is crafted from steel or iron. They have a small loop of metal protruding from each door acting as a handle. The craftwork is definitively Dwarven in style, as each door is edged with a decorative, geometric motif. These doors are completely absent of any signs of wear or damage.
  • The single door is wooden, similar to the door used to enter the sanctuary from outdoors. It has brass hinges and is set on a 2-way swing. The hardware on the door is grimy and worn. There are numerous skids and scrapes along its surface, especially towards the bottom edge.
  • There is also a rug on the floor, wooden pews, and braziers set into the walls.
Upon Closer Examination
  • The silver disk and hammer are both imbued with a Conjuration spell, activated by ringing the disk with the hammer three times. The spell summons some sort of "guardian spirit".
  • The hammer's handle is decorated with a design resembling scales, and its head has Draconic script written upon it.
  • The red and orange carpeting at the foot of the altar is made of course wool, dyed with common materials found in he area. The blue cloth draping the altar, however, is a fine silk made with exotic dyes and decorated with a thin gold trim.
  • Beneath the blue cloth is a set of sigils engraved in the altar.
  • Moving past the electrified steel doors, stone stairs spiral down into the darkness of the heart of the mountain. There, you have found a stylized, round brass shield set into the ground at the bottom of the stairs. The metal disk has a thick handle in its center; as well as eight small, round knobs around its circumference.

129 comments:

  1. Duurkala cleans off his blade, and turns to look at everyone else. Before he ends his chant, he focuses the words of power towards Ghaaldar

    [tech]
    Ghaaldar gets a Healing Surge + 1d6


    Before anyone has had time to catch their breath, Duurkala points his sword towards Kulimvorith. "You."

    Duurkala tosses the shackles at the Dragonborn's feet and snarls. "Your rash actions sullied the reputation of the Dhaakani. You will submit to the chains, or you will submit to the blade, but you will submit."

    OOC: Everyone (except Kulimvorith, who I do not consider my ally at the moment), gains 5 extra HP for every healing surge spend in a short rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. OOC: Keep in mind that, unless I am mistaken, Kulimvorith was never bound, the ogre and the Kobold were.

      Not sure if that changes your action, but I was very confused at that stage of the first section, so I assume a few others might be as well.

      Delete
    3. Nope, I'm aware. This is for him setting fire to the dwarf we were speaking to.

      Delete
  2. Black Lotus moves towards the fire while adjusting the ropes bound around his arms and legs. He basks in the warmth for a few moments, takes the time to hang up the cloak that had fallen in the snow, and generally relishes his chance to be out of the cold.

    After securing his person, he turns his focus to the altar. He approaches it and wearily picks up the large, silver hammer that the dwarves were so intent on using. He attempts to understand any mundane properties the hammer could possess.

    Ability Check
    Perception: +8

    Additionally, Lotus will spend a healing surge to make sure I'm topped off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You roll around the silver hammer in your hands, examining it as best you can. It appears to be forged from a single, solid piece of silver. The handle has delicate tracery on it in the likeness of thin scales. There is Draconic script written on the side of its head.

      Delete
  3. Ghaaldar stands next to Duurkala as he growls his threat to the insolent Dragonborn. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, Dragonborn. We had a chance to begin the restoration of our people's reputation and you ruined that. Bind yourself and submit, one way or the other." Ghaaldar spits on the ground, obviously pissed, with his blade still in hand but not held in a threatening manner while he glares towards Kulimvorith.

    "He is not the only one who caused this," Ghaaldar says to his mentor, "the Ogre played a part in this as well." Pulling out a spare set of manacles from his belt pouch, Ghaaldar holds them in his free hand.

    [TECH]
    Ghaaldar, after Duurkala's healing, will spend however many healing surges to top himself off. (Within reason, of course. If he is down 1-4 points then he won't spend that extra surge.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drum-Haak stands and glances about, sighing at the necessity for such bloodshed. Remembering his faithful steed, he ventures back out into the cold to retrieve him.

    After bringing his horse inside and tying him off, he notices the exchange between the the dhakani and the dragonborn. Moving beside his tribesmen, he attempts to resolve the situation before any further bloodshed erupts.

    Tech: spend healing surge to be at full health.
    Move beside Duurkala and speak in draconic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To whom is the dhakaani reputation ruined? These dead dwarves? I don't think that they will say anything. As to the group. Here lies my reminder of dhakaani reputation. This was for the impudence of asking for some salve for a fellow slave. I saw two options earlier to freeze to death or to live. I chose to live. I don't like you, but I am not here without purpose. In the future I will be....more mindful of dhakaanis public reputation. However if you think you can put me in fetters you are sorely mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duurkala's voice goes very quiet. "You presume to tell me what I can or cannot do?" A fire begins burning in his eyes, and a smile creeps across the old hobgoblin's face as his grip tightens on his sword. He glances to Drum-Haak and Ghaaldar before returning his attention to the dragonborn. "Tell me, what would you have us do with a lesser race who seems to have forgotten his place?" He says, unclear to which of the hobgoblins flanking him Duurkala is speaking to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "This hammer the dwarves were using has Draconic writing on it. Are you able to read it?" Lotus brings it to Kulimvorith, his back to his Dhakaani brethren. He extends the hammer to the dragonborn, handle first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I have tried to extend a hand of peace to you, Dragonborn. I argued so that your Dragonborn brother and the Ogre may be freed. I tried to give your kind the benefit of the doubt and yet you showed us your true colors. I will not judge your Dragonborn brother for your actions, but I will hold you to justice." Nodding towards Duurkala, Ghaaldar approaches with his broadsword held in a defensive stance. "Bind yourself, NOW!" Ghaaldar commands, "lest we be forced to make you submit in less than peaceful ways."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotus gives a great sigh. He lowers the gleaming silver hammer to his side and turns to face Ghaaldar.

      "Are you a fool? Do you think yourself the only one who speaks for the Dhakaani?" Black Lotus brandishes the hammer. "Unless you can read this, I do not have business with you." Lotus turns back to the red dragonborn. "I am fairly certain this is the tongue of your people. What does it say?"

      Delete
    2. "You fool, Drum-Haak knows the tongues of the Dragons. Now stand aside so that Duurkala and myself may take care of this mess."

      Delete
    3. Black Lotus lets the silver hammer slip from his fingers and clatter to the ground. "If I wanted his opinion, I would stand outside in the snow and cowardly request it. Instead I am doing what needs to be done, as this wyrm and any TRUE Dhakaani SHOULD. Now lower your sword, go restrain your pet ogre, and we will return to our mission."

      Lotus breaths deeply and tenses his muscles, clearly willing to take a stand to the hobgoblin behind him.

      Delete
    4. Duurkala raises an eyebrow. "That sort of damn fool thinking is what cost us our empire in the first place. There is a time for war, and there is a time for words; and the wise know when each is appropriate. These two," he motions to Drum-Haak and Ghaaldar, "realize that. They have lead the Dhaakani, not spent their lives cooped up in some monastery. They know when to speak and when to draw steel. Had that lizard not attacked, we may have learned something useful about this place instead of fighting our way through the door like brigands."

      Duurkala glances at the Dragonborn behind Black Lotus, then back at the hobgoblin standing between them. "Since you seem to be so eager to take the lizard's side against your brothers, perhaps you would like to take responsibility for it? If it continues its fool's course, you will go with it, and suffer the same consequences."

      Duurkala looks to Ghaaldar. "Do you accept these terms? The lizard's life bound to this poor excuse for a Dhaakani?"

      Delete
    5. Ghaaldar glares at the Black Lotus and at the impulsive Dragonborn, "These terms will do. For now."

      Turning to face Duurkala, sword lowered but still in hand, "We must address the problem of the Ogre. He had as big of a part to play as the lizard."

      Delete
    6. The older Dhaakani looks at Ghaaldar, face neutral. "Yes, he did. But when he was released from his shackles, you vouched for him. That means he is your responsibility, and your problem. I suggest you take care of it."

      Duurkala moves over to take a seat on one of the pews, and watches Ghaaldar.

      OOC: For the rest of my post, I'll continue it in the main thread sequence, so that the overall game is easier to follow.

      Delete
  9. Speaking to black lotus. It says the guardians of this temple will be protected by the guardian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While the others are arguing, Mavarothix will carefully search the bodies for anything he might find of use, especially keys, monies, or weapons. (my perception is a mind boggling 1, maybe I should invest in glasses or something)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kulimvorith picks up the shackles and hands them to lotus. My chains master

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sitting on the bench, Duurkala looks out over the room, perusing the contents from afar. He motions Drum-Haak over.

    "You are trained in the arcane arts, yes? Could you take a look at that bell they were ringing? Also, make sure that it isn't struck with a hammer again. I've got an uneasy feeling about that 'guardian' business"

    Duurkala continues looking around the room, specifically at the door motif and the two statues on either side of the altar

    [tech] History +10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: Holy shit you guys talk a lot! Not complaining.

      The iron door bears a geometric design embossed upon the perimeter of its surface, but is absent of any handles. The pattern is various squares and triangles, decisively Dwarven in design, but hard to tell as to the exact function.

      The statues have been worn down over countless years, and many of their features are smoothed out and muddled. However, it is clear to one with a trained eye and a wealth of historical knowledge that they are representing Ovkin and Dwanga, famed Dwarven heroes who died defending a clutch of silver dragon hatchlings against an attack by giant-kind.

      [TECH]
      History Check (9)+10

      Delete
  13. Ghaaldar nods, "I did vouch for him, of this you are correct, old friend." Sheething his blade, Ghaaldar stoops momentarily to pick up the silver hammer and loop it through his belt. Keeping the shackles in one hand, he moves to approach and stand aside the Ogre Grimlock.

    "Grimlock, I had vouched for you thinking that you could prove useful to our small tribe. By my words alone you were unshackled. Yet still you acted the fool and assisted the idiot Dragonborn in his pre-mature assault on the Dwarven cabin in which we now stand. We had the opportunity to not waste lives and come into this cabin by peaceful measures. Actions such as yours will not stand. You will submit. Do I make myself clear?" Throwing the shackles at the feet of the Ogre, Ghaaldar crosses his arms across his chest and stares the Ogre down. "Now shackle yourself until you can prove that you need not be shackled."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of hot ogre fills the room as the restive giant lingers near the fire, chewing on some vermin he had caught two days ago and watching the heated argument in interest.

      When the shackles land at his feet, however, a dangerous light enters his eyes. Grimlock extends a claw and picked up the irons with while exuding a growing air of menace. There is a moment's pause as he tries to take in the meaning of what has transpired and then flings the shackle back into the hated dhaakani's face!

      TECH:
      Seriosul, he chucks 'em! +4 vs. AC

      Delete
    2. Duurkala's hand tightens on his sword as the Ogre throws the shackles. However, Duurkala remains silent, and waits for Ghaaldar's response.

      Delete
  14. OOC: my posts keep not showing up...

    Mavarothix, while others argue and fight will take the time to carefully pick over the corpses littered over the floor for anything useful. (perception is only a whopping 1...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: One of your posts got caught in the spam filters for some reason, it happens here and there. I cleared it out and it's posted.

      Delete
    2. Searching through the bodies, Mavarothix finds naught but ragged old clothes painted with primitive runes of peace.

      Delete
  15. During the heated exchange above, Drum-Haak may have sounded like he was speaking in tongues as he appealed to all parties to think of the greater mission. Satisfied that further bloodshed was avoided, he was less than pleased when Grimlock hurled the shackles at Ghaaldar.

    His attempts to address the Giant in his own tongue were less than succesful, and were answered with a resounding "NO!" accompanied by an anger gesture toward the shackles.

    Speaking again in Goblin, Drum-Haak turns to Ghaaldar. "Friend, Grimlock does respect strength and believes himself to be the strongest. Humbling him might be difficult, even though the resolve of Ghaaldar knows no bounds. Though he acted rashly after we gave him his freedom, he may act even more violently if we try taking it away. Perhaps, we can channel his strength and ferocity rather than forcing him to use it against us? I will leave this in your capable hands, though, as I worry about the power left in the gong and hammer."

    Seeing Duurkala's motion, he then ambles over and consents to the request to inspect the gong. He moves toward the gong, attempting to learn as much as he can, particularly how to disable it.

    Tech:
    Arcana +9
    History +10
    Religion +9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Examining the gong, Drum-Haak detects the tell-tale signs of Conjuration spells placed upon this simple silver disk. When rung three times with the silver hammer, the spells are unleashed and summon forth a bound guardian spirit.

      Incidentally, Drum-Haak also determines that the nearby altar has a minor cantrip placed upon it; one designed to keep it impeccably clean, its features sharp, and its surface unmarred by incidental harm.

      [TECH]
      Arcana Check (15)+9

      Delete
    2. There's no easy way to disable it per se, but the ringing must be done within the span of a few hours. So, if you just avoid hitting the gong you will not trigger the spell.

      Delete
    3. As Drum-Haak turns away from Grimlock's stare, the ogre grunts derisively, but lets it go. He returns to the fire and begins to sort through collected skins from the past week. Grimlock takes out a carved bone blade and begins the scrape the remaining flesh from his old meals in order to prepare the skins for preservation.

      Delete
  16. The Initiate of the Black Lotus smirks, but says nothing. Instead, he decides to resume his search of the room.

    He now turns his attention to the large rug that seems to dominate the front of the room. He attempts to examine it, learn what it is made of, possibly check underneath it, etc etc.

    [Tech] Perception +8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rug is made of course wool with natural dyes common to this region. There is nothing underneath of it.

      Delete
    2. Lotus gives the same treatment to the cloth on the altar and the two statues flanking it, making sure they are secure and unmarred.

      [Tech] Perception +8

      Delete
    3. The statues are heavy granite, and Black Lotus is unable to move them.

      The cloth is a supple silk, colored with dyes unknown to these lands. Upon close examination, it has a thin gold thread running along its edge. Removing the cloth, Black Lotus discovers a set of sigils chiseled onto it (see new image above). The sigils appear meaningless.

      Delete
  17. "chiseled onto it" of course meaning "chiseled onto the granite altar"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Duurkala walks over to examine the sigils. His eye is drawn to the strange arrow with a slash through it that seems to appear on every line. After a moment, Duurkala frowns, realizing that all the sigils repeat on everyline, except...

    "This one," the old Dhaakani calls out, pointing to the fifth row of sigils. "There's something odd about this line. There's a repeating pattern on each line, but it does not always start with the same symbol. But the pattern is broken on the fifth line."

    Duurkala's hand faintly traces out that fifth line, before glancing around the room, trying to see if there is any match between the errant pattern and other features in the room.

    [tech]
    Arcana +8
    Perception +6

    OOC: That was weird. I actually looked at the puzzle, figured out what the significant feature was, only to realize after the fact that I'd actually used this exact same type of puzzle in a different adventure I'd written, & gotten it from the Fourthcore alphabet (although I think this adventure predates the Alphabet). I'm not sure to be proud of myself for figuring it out, or if I should a moron that I didn't immediately see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duurkala fails to spot any hidden displays of any of these symbols, and there are definitely none of the images out in the open.

      [TECH]
      Perception Check (7)+6

      Delete
  19. Mavarothix begins to grow weary of staying in a hostile domain for so long. "perhaps we should move on lest we be discovered by more militant dwarves. weak as they may be, strength from numbers is never to be underestimated."

    ReplyDelete
  20. Duurkala nods at Mavarothix's words. "You are correct. The steel doors appear undisturbed, but I would like to check those wooden doors and insure that there aren't any surprises waiting for us."

    The older Dhaakani steps up to the wooden door to examine them in more details, and listens to see if there are any sounds coming from the other side.

    [tech]
    Perception +6


    Assuming Duurkala finds nothing to give him pause, he will slowly open the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duurkala hears no indication of stirring movements, so he braves open the wooden door. The door softly creaks open and he sees a long hallway with multiple branching doors and rooms off of it. Herein, the grizzled warrior explores the cells, communal areas, and other mundane necessities of the monks' lives. Alas, Duurkala finds little among the areas described once fully explored. The monks led a life of poverty, and have little of value.

      Clearly, the thing which you seek lies not here.

      Delete
  21. The manacles clink at Ghaaldar's feet from the Ogre's throw. Ghaaldar clenches his jaw and thinks to himself, **This creature will submit. I am done trying to reason with these... others.**

    Ghaaldar watches as Duurkala and Drum-Haak explore, ignoring Drum-Haak's calls for peace. Bending over to pick up the manacles Ghaaldar even ignores Black Lotus' jaunts as he eventually straps the manacles through his belt. Ghaaldar checks his person momentarily, his shield is tightly fastened to his right arm, his sword and scabbard also fight themselves to be secured as well as the Dwarven silver hammer.

    As the Ogre walks away to skin his animals a fire lights in Ghaaldar's eyes as he takes a few steps backwards. Any watching might think this a sign of cowardice, but it is indeed not. "Ogre," Ghaaldar announces, "you *will* bend your knee to the might of the Dhaakani. It is said you only respect strength, respect this!" Ghaaldar yells as he swiftly draws his blade and charges at the Ogre, his blade ready to strike Grimlock into submission.

    [TECH]
    *Move: Ghaaldar moves a few steps backwards making for a straight path to charge at the unsuspecting and insolent Ogre.
    *Free: Above text
    *Minor: Draw Broadsword
    *Standard: CHARGE!! Flattening Charge (+10 vs Fort, 1d10+5 damage and Grimlock is knocked prone. If this attack hits it is not expended. If this attack misses Ghaaldar will yield CA to Grimlock until the start of his next turn.
    *Note: Ghaaldar choose to make his damage less lethal, and opts to use Subdual damage instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: I just wanted to clarify, much like Hunter Rose/Grimlock/Stephen did earlier in regards to Grimlock, I'm not purposely trying to be an ass or disruptive. I am just playing the character as I imagine him based on the notes that Ross gave me for Ghaaldar. He's a raw Dhaakani with a lot to prove who values bravery and honor and strives to lead his people into a new golden age. Hope that clarifies things if there was any doubt.

      Delete
  22. With the unsheathing of his blade and anger spread across his face, Ghaaldar has set everyone's sense of self-preservation flashing.

    ROLL INITIATIVE!!!

    Black Lotus: (13)+6 = Initiative 19
    Duurkala: (10)+2 = Initiative 12
    Grimlock: (08)+3 = Initiative 11
    Mavarothix: (03)+5 = Initiative 08
    Drum-Haak: (04)+3 = Initiative 07
    Ghaaldar: (03)+2 = Initiative 05
    Kulimvorith: (02)+1 = Initiative 03

    Black Lotus acts first, his cunning and reflexes anticipating the oncoming violence before anyone else. Pff, amateurs.

    Since we are now in the most timing-sensitive situation possible, we will proceed in strict initiative order. Black Lotus has 24 hours to post of else be Delayed until after Duurkala. Locations, healing surges spent, and hit point totals have been updated (see above).

    As always, talking is a Free Action that can be done off-turn.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Also, I'm considering Grimlock and Ghaaldar to now be enemies, thus provoking opportunity attacks from one another, everyone else being allies and not provoking or taking opportunity attacks. Email me if you want to change that in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOC: Two men enter, one mans leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Initiate of the Black Lotus sees Ghaaldar take up an offensive posture, and, using his well trained reflexes and battle-sense, he leans against the altar to watch.

    [Readied Action]
    Trigger: someone enters a square adjacent to me with hostile intentions (towards me)
    Action: Crane's Wings and Centered Flurry of blows (I'll decide where to slide and push them if it comes to that.

    OOC: How do two men enter a man's leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Duurkala, how do you weigh in on this developing situation? The Dungeon Master would like to draw your attention to the "Pon Farr Fight Music" that he is now humming.

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImV0CapjLIU

    ReplyDelete
  27. Duurkala cracks his knuckles. "Excellent. A true Dhaakani does not tolerate insults from such creatures." He gives a nod of respect to Ghaaldar, draws his sword, charges as he begins the chant of battle

    Even as his sword comes down, all around Duurkala you see spirits of Dhaakani take form out of the ether, and the host of the fallen yell out a battle cry as Duurkala strikes again.

    [tech]
    Minor: Draw sword
    Minor: Start Song of Savagery
    Standard: Charge. +10 (+9 +1) vs. AC, 2d8 + 5 damage & Ghaaldar gets a +4 bonus to damage.
    Action Point: Rally the Spectral Host: +9 vs AC, 2d8 + 5 damage, & allies within 2 gain +2 to damage & +1 to hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duurkala relishes the thrill of battle and leaps into the fray at a moment's notice! Striking out with his blade, he is comforted and invigorated by the spirits of his noble ancestors. Together, they fight as one great legion, pummeling the giant Ogre ruthlessly. Surprise and terror sweep the features of mighty Grimlock as he is assailed from all sides!

      [TECH]
      (11)+10 vs. AC 17; HIT!
      (11, again)+9 vs. AC 17;
      for (4)+(2)+5 and (5)+(3)+5 for a total of 24 damage!

      Ghaaldar was able to only draw his blade before initiative was called, so no allies were in the burst to gain it's boon.

      Grimlock, the ball is in your court!

      Delete
    2. OOC: The Spectral host bit is an Aura 2 that lasts til the end of my next turn, so any allies that come within 2 get the bonus. Ghaaldar should still get the +4 to damage from my initial attack.

      Delete
    3. OOC: Would Duurkala not gain the benefits of my Bravura Presence as he is an ally, we are in combat, and he spent an action point to take an extra attack?

      If so, because it hit, he would gain either a free MBA vs Grimlock or would be able to take a move action.

      Delete
    4. OOC: I think he has to declare that he's going to use it.

      Delete
  28. Grimlock's primal senses are sufficient to get the drop on the Dhaakani leader, but Duurkala's charge was unexpected! The conlfict has escalated from displays of dominance to a hunt...

    ...Grimlock is not prey.

    Spittle sprays Duurkala as the ogre roars in outrage. Hate radiates from the giant-- as hot as the late dwarve's fire--but when wounded ogre's arm blurs into action, it is against Ghaaldar!

    TECH:
    Minor: Aspect of the Lurking Spider which, among other things, grants:
    * While you have combat advantage against an enemy, you gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against it.

    Standard: Disruptive Shot vs Ghaaldar +13 vs AC (inc Cunning Stalker). 1d6+7 on a hit and immobilized (save ends). (using the Unstoppable Javelin)

    Hit or miss, Grimlock draws his greatclub and spends an action point to Second Wind (+2 all defenses)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A heavy shaft is hurled from Grimlock's hands, scraping past Ghaaldar's leg and pinning him to the ground!

      [TECH]
      Opportunity Attack: (4)+9 vs. AC 17; MISS!
      Disruptive Javelin: (8)+11 +2 vs. AC 20; HIT!
      for (1)+6 +2 = 9 damage and immobilized!
      Ghaaldar may declare to use Hobgoblin Resilience to make a saving throw if he likes.

      Mavarothix and then Drum-Haak will be up next. From emails, I believe they are both keeping out of this, but I would like them to chime in with a definite answer.

      Delete
    2. Ghaaldar will definitely make use of Hobgoblin Resilience.

      Delete
  29. "This will weaken us all, the ogre is a slave like Mavarothix, it is best that you submit lest your corpse be left with the dwarves. Violence is not the answer Grimlock."

    Tech: move to L7 so as to not get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Trusting in his tribesmen's abilities to subdue the Ogre, Drum-Haak stands ready in case further violence breaks out.

    Tech:
    Move: to K11.
    Standard: Ready action Moment of Escape.
    Target/trigger: An ally who moves within four squares of another ally, except Grimlock, with obvious violent intent.

    OOC: I still consider everyone on the map to be my ally.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ghaaldar's fierce resilience staunchly refuses to give up and he tears himself free of the pinning javelin!

    [TECH]
    Save vs. Immobilized: (10) Success!
    Since the risk has already played out, I'm going to have to say the Duurkala cannot retroactively gain those benefits.

    Ghaaldar is up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: If for some reason this battle is still going next round, can I use the extra melee basic then? I didn't even know that Ghaaldar was a warlord until right now, so there really wasn't a way for me to know that I could take the extra attack.

      Delete
    2. OOC: Talking is key in this adventure.

      Delete
    3. OOC: I seem to recall a stipulation against discussing our builds with each other.

      Delete
    4. OOC: Yes! But that kind of info is definitely something to be shared once everyone's at the "table". That said, at least we all know now, right?

      Delete
    5. OOC: Totally! I agree with your ruling, that's likely how I would have ruled were I in your shoes. Especially with an inherently risk-heavy build like the Bravura. And like you said, now everyone knows!

      Delete
    6. OOC: Thanks for clarifying!

      Delete
  32. OOC: Fair enough ruling. Hey, everyone that's still currently an ally, if you spend an action point to make an extra attack and you hit you gain either a free MBA vs the target or a free move action. If you miss you grant CA to the target until the end of your next turn.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ghaaldar's eyes flair in fury as he rips the the javelin free of his leg. Seemingly ignoring the pain Ghaaldar calls out to his mentor, Duurkala, as he rushes forward blade held deftly in hand, "HIT HIM AGAIN!"

    [TECH]
    *Free: Above dialog

    *Standard: CHARGE! to square L3 using Flattening Charge (+10 vs Fort (+12 for flanking), 1d10+5 damage and Grimlock is knocked prone. If the attack hits, it is not expended. If it misses Ghaaldar grants CA to Grimlock until the start of his next turn.)

    *Action Point: Hammer and Anvil (+9 vs Ref (+11 for CA), 1d10+5 damage and Duurkala can make an MBA vs Grimlock with +3 bonus to damage.)

    *Special: All of Ghaaldar's dealt damage to Grimlock is Subdual damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: What the hell is subdual damage?

      Delete
    2. OOC: Are you kidding or did you never play 3.5E?

      It's damage meant for subdoing people instead of killing them.

      For the record, (as I'm sure the DM is about to point out) in 4E you can just decide whether or not you actually kill someone when you get them to 0.

      Delete
    3. OOC: Ghaaldar's attacks deal +4 damage from my song of savagery

      Duurkala smirks, and swings again. "This is what happens to those who dare insult the Dhaakani."

      [tech]
      +11 vs. AC (+9 + 2CA) 1d8 + 8 damage (5+3)

      OOC: Subdual damage simply knocks the target unconscious at 0 HP. The target doesn't have to make death saves and can't be killed if it goes to neg bloodied

      Delete
    4. OOC: Oh I know, but quoting rules from previous editions is a bad habit I try to break people out of. Such as a certain Dwarven Battlemind thinking he has damage reduction, when in fact he has resist all.

      Delete
    5. OOC: Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I still get rules/terms mixed up between the two editions despite having played and DM'd 4e since launch. So basically, what they said, if it is applicable.

      Delete
  34. OOC: oh my god my coworker just killed 15 minutes of typing

    ReplyDelete
  35. The brutal Dhakaani Duo strike out in tandem, surrounding their foe whilst shouting out military maneuvers to each other. An unstoppable killing-machine, Ghaaldar and Duurkala function like a wolf pack in taking down their massive foe! The ferocious beating is unpleasant to watch, perhaps even a bit cruel, as the rest of the raiding party watches in a mix of horror and awe.

    When the great beast is finally felled, the two Hobgoblin warriors congratulate themselves on a job well done and prepare the shackles.

    [TECH]
    Note: Spectral Host's aura isn't big enough to get past Grimlock's bulk. Large Size for the win!

    Flattening Charge: (13)+8 +2 {flank} +1 {charge} vs. Fortitude 18 +2 {second wind}; HIT!
    for (8)+5 +4 {song of savagery} damage and prone

    Hammer & Anvil: (10)+9 +2 {flank/prone} vs. Reflex 16 +2 {second wind}; HIT!
    for (1)+5 damage. Grimlock's hanging on by a thread!

    Melee Basic: (14)+9 +2 {flank} vs. AC 17 +2 {second wind}
    for (3)+5 +3 {hammer & anvil} damage!

    Grimlock is unconscious at -10 HP (dead at -21 HP).

    Kulimvorith, it appears fate has landed in your lap and you may decide this creature's fate. Where do you stand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grimlock falls beneath the Dhaakani's brutal blows. Though unconscious, his dull eyes follow every humiliating moment of his re-capture. The shadow of his menace seems permanently tattooed on his slack-jawed face.

      OOC: When the seen transitions, I'll spend the 4 healing surges so as not to be disadvantaged if we walk into another fight.

      Despite everything, I thought Grim might make a good showing once he pinned Ghaaldar! Curse out of turn effects!

      Delete
    2. OOC: As soon as you pinned me I thought, "Well this going to go badly for me."

      Delete
  36. Kulimvorith, slow to react sees Grimlock cut down by the Dhakaani. Suppressing his rage he yells, "Enough, cuff him if you must but stop. As you can see the simpleton is no match for Dhakaani stratagem, cuff him until he learns respect."

    Tech: Kulimvorith delays

    ReplyDelete
  37. With that, I think it's safe to say that the violence has subsided a bit and we've arrived at a sort of agreement; albeit a rather IMPOSED one.

    Ghaaldar and Grimlock can recover from the skirmish and everyone is free to resume their explorations of The Sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ghaaldar will spend a healing surge to recover while he sheaths his sword. After recuperating for a moment, Ghaaldar stoops down to the fallen Ogre and pulls the manacles from his own belt. Grasping one arm and manacling it, he brings it behind Grimlock's back to meet the Ogre's other arm. "That takes care of that. I told you you would submit," Ghaaldar says to no one in particular.

    Standing he approaches Duurkala and places a hand upon his shoulder, "Many thanks for your help, old friend."

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ghaaldar looks around as his companions search about the room, some in shock at the events that just took place between the two brave Dhaakani and the foolish Ogre.

    "Old friend," Ghaaldar says, still standing next to Duurkala and motioning to the doorway that his mentor had come from before the melee, "you said that there was nothing in that room, correct?"

    "Perhaps it is time we travel through the other door. This structure seems to run deeper than we thought and those doors," Ghaaldar says aloud to the party while pointing towards the doorway, "seem to be our only other option."

    With a confident stride Ghaaldar makes his way to the doors and tries to discern anything he might know about them.

    [Tech]
    History +3
    Perception +1
    Religion +1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghaaldar looks intently at the door, trying to discern the Dwarves machinations. He finds no answers, although he does notice that the iron door is immaculately clean.

      [TECH]
      History Check (4)+3

      Delete
  40. Black Lotus, no longer amused by the distraction his fellow Dhakaani have provided, joins Ghaaldar wordlessley at the door. He begins searching the hinges, the slit beneath it, the other parts of a door most would not think to check, curious if the door poses any kind of threat to intruders and invaders.

    [Tech]
    Thievery +11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Lotus moves close to the door and peers in the cracks and crevasses that none other have the foresight to examine. He finds that the hinges are well-made and smooth, and would be quite easy to push the door open. Beyond the door he sees the hints of a small landing at the top of a set of stone, spiraling stairs leading down. As he is doing all of this, crouched down on the floor, crawling about; he does notice one thing that is particularly unusual. The is a very fain, almost imperceptible humming sound coming from the door. Furthermore, the small bits of dust that naturally accumulate in any room for awhile shy away from the door, as if repulsed by its very presence.

      [TECH]
      Perception Check (20)+8, you lucky dog

      Delete
  41. Drum-Haak turns his attention back to the altar and the door, examining both for signs of magical connection between the two, beyond the cantrip he discovered earlier.

    Tech:
    Arcana +9

    ReplyDelete
  42. Drum-Haak's understanding of the spells placed on the altar reveal that it is but a simple cantrip. Usually this spell is used to remove the mundane aspects of cleaning from a wizard's busy life.

    The cleanliness of the door, however, is a byproduct of something else, and not a specific magical effect. In fact, the door has a distinctively powerful Evocation spell placed upon it, warding it with the power of storms. There is no obvious deactivation method or password.

    [TECH]
    Arcana Check (19)+9, damn, rolling hot!
    The door is a Level 4 Hazard with the lightning keyword.

    ReplyDelete
  43. "It would appear..." Lotus sighs, "that this door has been electrified." He steps back a few paces, tries looking at it from a different angle, then eventually just gives up. "I can see no way past it."

    He steps back and takes up residence on top of the altar, crossing his legs and meditating, hoping to discover a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  44. "we have lots of corpses that we can throw through first, as willing as any test subject may be..."

    ReplyDelete
  45. Drum-Haak gestures towards Black Lotus and the altar. "Perhaps the runes we uncovered are the key. Duurkala, did you have an idea as to what they might mean?"

    Turning to Mavarothix he says, "Not a bad a idea, but it might be best to try and deactivate it first in case it triggers a larger effect."

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sorry for the delay, been unable to post easily the last couple of days

    Once Grimlock is down, Duurkala shackles him, but lends his healing battle chant as the ogre recovers his wounds. Duurkala looks the large creature dead in the eyes. "Learn your place, and learn to obey your betters. You have seen how disobedience is rewarded, this is but a small taste of how proper servants are rewarded."

    [tech] Song of Rest. When Grimlock spends healing surges to recover HP, he gains +5hp for every healing surge spent. This should allow him to get away with only spending 3 instead of 4 to get back up to full.

    Duurkala reaches out and grasps Ghaaldar's hand. "You were showing that the Dhaakani are to be obeyed and respected. You shall always have my aid in that." Duurkala pauses, and makes eye-contact with Kulimvorith as he continues speaking. "It's important that the lesser creatures know that respect and obedience will be rewarded, while insults and insolence will have dire consequences..."

    Turning his attention back to the door, Duurkala frowns at the description of the lightning trap. "This, I am unsure of. As I said before, there seems to be something odd with the fifth line of sigils on the altar, but I do not know what the significance of it is."

    [tech]Arcana +8 or history +10 on the sigils, to see if I can figure out if they're related to the door.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Duurkala identifies the repeating symbols as representative of an ancient Draconic Zodiac, one that Mavarothix and Kulimvorith would find utterly foreign. The symbols were developed as a simple way to represent the constellations, devised by the elder wyrms from ages undreamed of. Each constellation has a name and is associated with a representative ancient great wyrm. Starting from the top row, left to right: Iron, Bronze, Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Mithril, and Adamantium.

    [TECH]
    History Check (17)+10

    ReplyDelete
  48. OOC: The door was made of only iron & steel, correct? There were no other pieces of metal present? If need be, Dungeoneering & Nature are both +6, but I'll use my once per encounter History knowledge substitute check at +10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duurkala Knows that the door is a single, uniform metal, but is unsure of the exact type. It's like silver-ish, or something. Iron or steel, definitely. Maybe mithril? Also, it's very heavy.

      [TECH]
      Dungeoneering Check (1)+10

      Delete
  49. Duurkala stares at the door for a long minute, before turning and calling out to everyone. "Alright, I think the sigil sequence we need is "Bronze, Copper, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Mithril, Adamantium, Iron." Turning, Duurkala motions to the door. "And this door is made of..." The older Dhaakani breaks off in a long series off coughs.

    "Damn cold. Sorry about that. As I was saying, this door is made of-" Again, Duurkala is overcome by a fit of coughing. He motions for Drum-Haak to continue with an explanation, as Duurkala sits and tries to overcome the coughing fit.

    ReplyDelete
  50. "Friend Duurkala, are you in need of healing?" Drum-Haak asks with genuine concern.

    After a brief inspection, Drum-Haak believes his fellow tribesmen to be just recovering from the ill effects of the cold, and continues the examination of the door. "If the last metal in the sequence is iron, then maybe the door is as well. I will examine it further, though."

    Tech:
    Dungeoneering +6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drum-Haak can tell the difference between steel and iron by sight. Steel, when kept clean, has a shinier apperance, although not as bright as mithril or silver and not half as bright as platinum.

      The door is steel.

      [TECH]
      Dungeoneering Check (9)+6

      Delete
  51. Pulling out his ten foot pole kulimvorith moves within 10 feet of the door and reaches into the magic filling the room attempting to discern the trigger for the trap. He then tentatively pokes at the door.

    I don't know what my arcana is at this moment I think its +7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duurkala moves to the far side of the room as he sees Kulimvorith moving towards the door.

      OOC:(we'll say at least 6 squares away)

      Delete
    2. OOC: Turns out, it's not your character's Arcana score I'm interested in ...

      At the impact of the wooden pole, an arc of lightning leaps out from the steel door, crackling along the floor to reach proud Kulimvorith! Blue bolts of electricity race up and down his scaly hide, causing his muscles to spasm uncontrollably and he drops the pole clattering to the floor while his teeth painfully chatter against each other.

      The door momentarily swings back from the impact, long enough for you to see that the room beyond is a tiny, unadorned corner with a set of stone steps leading only downward into the dark heart of the mountain.

      The heavy door gently sways back into its original position.

      [TECH]
      (8)+7 vs. Reflex 13; HIT!
      for (5)+(4)+(2)+12 = 23 lightning damage! and dazed (save ends) if that ends up being at all significant

      Delete
    3. Even beaten within in inch of his life, Grimlock chuffs a coarse chuckle, observing his "allies" fumble the door.

      Delete
  52. "Strong-arming the door seems highly ineffective. These runes that Duurkala found seem to hold the answers. Let us not kill ourselves by brashly trying to force this door."

    ReplyDelete
  53. Duurkala, after a momentary chuckle at the shocking results of the dragonborn's experiment, frowns. "Hmm...I'm open to suggestions. When the lizard touched the door, it swung open momentarily. Perhaps we could toss one of these dwarven bodies against the door, and run through in the brief moment while the door is open?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Or perhaps toss enough to keep the door propped open?" Ghaaldar says in agreement as he walks over to a slain Dwarven body and begins to drag it in the direction of the door.

      Delete
  54. Ghaaldar readies himself and attempts to toss the Dwarf against the door to prop it open.

    [TECH]
    +5 Strength

    ReplyDelete
  55. "Tossing dwarves is my favorite way to solve all life's problems."

    ReplyDelete
  56. OOC: Whew! Sorry for the long delay, busy morning.

    Ghaaldar heaves teh heavy burden of the bodies of one of the recently fallen Dwarves. Using all of his might, his own body crouches low and then muscles spring forth like a wound up coil. The corpse dances through the air like a lifeless marionette and smacks into the steel door with a wet thud, cracking it open and sending arcs of lightning dancing into the main chamber without further harm.

    [TECH]
    (4)+7 vs. Reflex 12; MISS!

    The door is open a foot or so, allowing any Small creatures to pass without trouble, Medium creatures to pass with a little finesse, and Large creatures to still have to brush up against the doors if they want passage.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Lotus examines to opening, and decides now is as good a time as any.

    Summoning up all of his training, he attempts to Mission Impossible his way through the opening.

    [Tech] Acrobatics or Athletics, +6

    OOC: AAAAAAAGH MOTHERLAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Lotus attempts the difficult task, and gets through the doorway, but stumbles about in clumsiness! A bolt of lightning streaks by as Black Lotus narrowly avoids the blast.

      Kulimvorith takes a moment to recover his strength from his own tango with the charged door (Hit Points and Healing Surges updated).

      Black Lotus gets an urging from the dungeon master to explore the stone stairs a little more. Descending down, a little bit from the shadowy light spilling over from the main halls' torches, but the stairs are wrapped in complete darkness, so you must bring a torch of your own.

      Dry stone walls surround you, covered in a fine layer of dust. Fumbling around in the swallowing black, you find a stylized, round brass shield set into the ground (see new image above) at the bottom of the stairs. The metal disk has a thick handle in its center; as well as eight small, round knobs around its circumference (see new image of the handle above).

      [TECH]
      Acrobatics Check (4)+6; FAIL!
      (9)+7 vs. Reflex 18; MISS!
      Kulimvorith spends two surges to heal up.

      Delete
  58. The initiate yells of his discovery to those still in the main section of the sanctuary, bidding them to postpone barreling through the door. "I may have found a means to disabling the trap."

    Lotus focuses on the shield, taking it in from different angles, and checking for traps. Assuming he doesn't detect any, he attempts to turn one of the knobs, starting at 12 O'clock and rotating it...clockwise? Sure.

    [Tech] Perception +8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Lotus bends low to the hatch and slowly walks around it, looking for signs of any mechanical contraptions. He finds that the hatch handle has numerous thin slits in it, behind which are razor blades. There is some sort of mechanism at work here related to cutting up your hand something just awful.

      The eight brass knobs can each be rotated. On each of the brass knobs there is a tiny aperture showing a sliver of metal, steel or iron or something. When the knob is rotated, it's aperture shows a different metal, perhaps gold or copper. The knobs can all be easily turned in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. Each time a knob is turned, Black Lotus can hear a distinctive metal-on-metal klunk. Each click of a knob rotates it 1/8 of the way around.

      [TECH]
      Perception Check hidden

      Delete
  59. Concerned for the fate of the Dhakaani Monk, but also for that of the rest of his companions, Drumo-Haak says to Ghaaldar, "Nice throw, brave Ghaaldar. One more Dwark ought to see us all through."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: lol, Dwark. Do any of these Dwarves have tape on their eyeglasses?

      Delete
  60. Ghaaldar nods in response to Drum-Haak's compliment. "I think you may be correct in your assertions. If we are able to allow us all purchase through, Lotus may not have to risk his life in dismantling this trap."

    Ghaaldar goes to grab another Dwarven body and once again chucks it with all of his might towards the doors with the same intentions as before.

    [TECH]
    Strength + 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghaaldar lugs another body, this time at the right-hand door. The anticipated blast of lightning strikes out a little bit faster than before, catching the strong warrior by surprise!

      After his teeth stop chattering, he surveys the scene and sees that the two bodies together prop up the doors enough for most of his companions to get through without trouble.

      [TECH]
      (9)+7 vs. Reflex 12; HIT!
      for (2)+(6)+(6)+12 lightning damage!
      Ghaaldar drops a surge to heal 10+5 of that. Let me know if you want to burn through two surges to heal to full.

      The gap is clear enough for any Medium creature to pass easily, although Grimlock still requires an Acrobatics check to pass through without touching the doors.

      Delete
  61. Kulimvorith slides past the dhakaani the smell of singed fur fills his nostrils and he smiles as he strides down the passage to join the lotus

    ReplyDelete
  62. Drum-Haak gives Ghaaldar a congratulatory clasp on the shoulder, before moving down the stairs in search of Black Lotus.

    Seeing the monk grasping his hand in pain, he cautiously examines the shield and says, "The various types of metal probably correspond to those on the altar above, but we'll probably need to disarm these blades first."

    [TECH]
    Perception +6 on handle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drum-Haak must defer to Black Lotus' expert eyes, as the mechanism is beyond his understanding.

      He does see that the blades are a little rusty.

      Delete
  63. Turning to Black Lotus, Drum-Haak says "Well friend, do you have any insights with this mechanism? I can help determine the nature of the metals under each dial."

    ReplyDelete
  64. OOC: My hand hasn't been hurt

    Lotus attempts to convey what he has discovered thus far. "There is definitely a mechanism in the handle to savage a hand, I am assuming when someone tries to turn the handle. I am hoping that we can turn the knobs to correspond to the inscriptions upstairs, but I don't know where to start or which order to follow, though the line that is different seems the best bet."

    Black Lotus seems flustered at his inability to distinguish the different metals, so he instead turns his focus towards the field he DOES understand, the trap mechanism itself.

    [Tech] Attempt to disarm the trap. Thievery +11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: My mistake, sorry.

      Delete
    2. OOC: I never rolled to see if you can identify the metals. Maybe it was a little ambiguous what you were doing here? Anyhow ...

      Playing around with the knobs, Black Lotus peers through the little gap of exposure on each facet. In order, the metals shown are Iron, Bronze, Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Mithril, and Adamantium.

      [TECH]
      Dungeoneering Check (10)+3

      OOC: How exactly are you attempting to disable the device? What is it that you are doing? Besides yelling at the hatch "I disable you!"

      Delete
    3. He is attemption to disable the spring-loaded razor blades. I can't really be more specific than that. I don't have thievery training, my character does.

      If I were to hazard a guess, I would say I'm trying to tease the blades out and disable the spring behind them. I also have thieves tools, so they should come in handy. I am not sure if that would actually make sense, but I am assuming my char should have some additional insight.

      Delete
    4. OOC: That is exactly the kind of detail I was looking for, thanks!

      Black Lotus retrieves his specialized thieving tools, small metal pincers, in an attempt to grab a hold of the blades and snap them out of their springs. With his left hand, he gently, oh so gently, pulls up on the handle jusssssst enough to cause the blades to start moving. He concentrates on his right hand holding the tools, sweat forming on his brow, focus centered on the hand to keep it steady, forcing his breathing to an even tempo in a desperate attempt to remain calm despite the very real threat here. The threat ... of super tetanus.

      As the tip of the blades protrude out, Black Lotus tweezes them, snapping the rusty razors at their midpoint. The snake has been defanged.

      [TECH]
      Thievery Check (15)+11 Success!

      With the threat neutralized, you are free to try any combination of knob configurations until you find the combination that releases the lock on the hatch and lets you safely open it. Incidentally, the hatch opens when the 8 knobs are turned to display the order of line 5, going clockwise, starting at any given knob.

      While most of the party is free to pass the electrified doors, I await work from Grimlock on whether he wants to risk dancing past the Dwarven bodies propping the doors up, or if he has something more cunning in mind.

      In any case! Our saga continues onto the next Chapter: UNDERGROUND

      Delete
  65. "Mavarothix might be of help. Perhaps the mechanism can be jammed or otherwise disarmed?"

    Tech: Thievery 10 (I have thief's tools if it comes into play as well)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: Same. What specific action is your character doing?

      Delete