FOURTHCORE TEAM DEATHMATCH

August 10, 2012

SND-02: OOC

Starting Monday August 20th, DMG 42 will be hosting a play-by-post delve of SND-02: Fane of the Heresiarch.This post will be used, starting now, for Out Of Character discussions by the players. It is done here in public, as opposed to private emails; for the amusement of the adventure's author, the Dungeon Master, and those Fourthcore Fanatic whom are lurking among the shadows. I will be periodically shifting the post date to stay one step behind the most current PbP room.

UPDATE: The Comment limit has been quickly reached! In lieu of creating many many OOC posts for the remainder of the adventure, the dungeoneers are now simply emailing each other for coordination. Sorry, lurkers! It's just too much hassle.



Every game has an Out-of-Character (OOC) thread so you can strategize and plan, as well as for me to give out out-of-character news. Talk and discuss, tell us about non-game stuff, etc.

Nothing here is ever considered to be "in character" (IC).

Also, as fair arbiter of the game, I will not unfairly use revealed player strategy against you.

213 comments:

  1. Totally looking forward to the game (lurker).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the group is closets ready, just have to add trinkets to a few of the sacrificial mortals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fourthcore lurker here. Looking forward on despair and fun the players will have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is better to die on our feet than live on our knees. We're coming for you, Heresiarch!


    I'm so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a pretty dark campaign. I'm curious to see what happens with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ready to go. Ready to live or die! Down with the heresiarch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! I knew someone was going to run this, but never saw a call for adventurers for it! :(

    It's going to be hard to avoid reading this; I still want to play this module at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, avert your eyes!

      Milwaukee Joe is prepping his own run of Fane soon. He should be putting the call out for players quickly.

      Delete
  8. Posting this here now that the game has officially begun.

    So I wanted to start a quick rumor's discussion, and get what ya'll think of them. It looks like we got 3 of each, which can kind of be good and bad. Going by pure numbers, and only one rumor being opposite of what the rest are, that means that the first one of each group is 80% likely to be true, the second one is 75% to be true, and the third is only 50% to be true (or untrue for the unreliable ones). So i think it's a pretty good bet that at least one of our rumors is opposite of it's true intention (between the 50% reliable and 50% unreliable).

    Rumors:

    Reliable: The key to reaching the Mother's cloister and the altar of seven trees is hidden in the prison of frozen gods
    Reliable: A sarcophagus with the power to revive the dead is hidden in the catacomb beneath the black cathedral.
    Reliable: A distant clue to overcoming the dome of interrogation is visible from atop the Medusa vampire maypole of polished elf spines.

    Unreliable: A Switch that drains the basilisk bile from the death wyvern's crucible is hidden somewhere in the bleak seminary
    Unreliable: The Half-Angel succubus blackguard in the pleasure crypts wields a rod of wonder and a cubic gate.
    Unreliable: The Charonademon boatman in the hidden catacomb often becomes lost on it's way to the dome of meditation.


    I'm thinking if we have an untrue Reliable rumor, it might be the third one. Something about being "visible" on top of a pole with a "medusa" blah blah seems fishy to me. it gives the sense of "yes, look at it..just above that medusa thing there, but don't worry about that, it's probably harmless"

    As for the Unreliable ones, i'm not sure....

    What are your guys thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the Medusa one feels untrue, but I also think the sarcophagus with power to revive the dead sounds too good to be true. I think we'll mostly just have to keep our eyes peeled for anything and reserve judgment for later.

      Delete
    2. Most likely they'll become more apparent as we discover more clues. There's also two more of each that I'm guessing we'll encounter along the way? If so, it's possible that all three current reliables are true and all three current unreliables are false. Do we know whether or not we'll be getting the other two at a specific time?

      Delete
    3. I intend to disbelieve them all until proven true.

      Delete
  9. No, out of the 5 of each (10 total) each player drew 1 (6 of us). Assuming this follows the SND01 format (Iron Lich), what we see is what we get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Question: where exactly are the characters starting on the current watchtower map? [paraphrasing]-"the red smoke clears and you find yourselves at the apex of the watchtower"

    There's the archway to the east but that's not from where we come. So I guess, which spaces on the grid do we begin? I'm missing that for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Oh....you touched the ground? well, you're dead" is what i'm expecting.

      Delete
    2. Haha but still, if we did decide to move somewhere, from where are we entering?

      Delete
    3. I have a feeling that it's immaterial, as we're not in a combat or high-risk situation. I would suggest that we hold off moving toward the door on the east until we get some knowledge check results on the symbol, though.

      Delete
  11. Would a religion check be worth rolling on the constellation icon?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anyone else want a crack at the floor tile? I get the feeling it has something to do with the constellation thing since they are right in front of each other. I'm also inclined to check out the secret door first before the hallway of brimstone and sulfur

    ReplyDelete
  13. Secret door first is a good idea. Whose the best trap man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oros (Kory's character) is the best at thievery with a +15.

      I also have a +12.

      Delete
  14. So, unknown tile, brimstone hallway or pitch black staircase. I could use hand of fate, which might give us an idea of what carries the most risk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's worth cracking out the hand of fate yet. I'm inclined to check out the secret staircase first.

      Delete
    2. I agree, hold on to the hand of fate. The brimstone hallway seems a little too ominous, and convenient to stroll down. Seems like the floor tile is pretty important (dc is higher than 21) so it might be worth checking that out, but I think we're running out of guys trained in arcana. I guess we could try "testing" the floor tile by placing something on it and see if it activates....if we do that though, i'd like to not be in the room when we try that...just in case :D

      Delete
    3. Kaddim could try the tile still. It might have something to do with the constellations, as someone suggested previously. Can we aid each other on knowledge checks?

      Delete
    4. Have we been able to figure out of the constellations can be moved?

      Delete
    5. No, I don't think so. Maybe Oros should try with Thievery.

      Delete
  15. I think maybe noting the position of the constellations for later was the important thing here. I vote for moving on down the staircase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carefia took Deep Speech as an extra language which is associated with other-worldly, astral tongues. Not sure if the Heresiarch's language or more importantly, scripts, could be interpreted with this but it may be worth a shot.

      Delete
  16. Agreed; the position of these constellations will undoubtedly be a clue to an upcoming puzzle. I say we head down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree as well that the constellations will be important. The hereisarch came from the stars, after all. I will look into the floor tile, the last 24 hours haven't lent much time to posting...then I had to catch up. Here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If someone wants to help light the way, I'll take the lead in scouting the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm....staircase into the netherworld or teleportation square. My instincts tell me to not trust the stairwell. Seems too easy, plus the teleportation-spamming sq has our symbol on it.

    I will gladly Lend a light-enabled object to whom ever wants to travel down the stairs first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staircase was however behind a secret door which normally indicates a safer route of passage for those who know of it's existence (the owner of the tower)

      Delete
  20. We could cast light on an object and throw it down the stairs. We'd be alerting anything down there, but marching down with a light source would have the same effect.

    Alternatively, someone with darkvision could lead the way and we could try and move stealthily down.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We don't have anyone with darkvision. Cast light on my bow and I'll take the lead down the stairs (I have a light step).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do you want me to stay within 5 with my virtue of prescience ready (+4 to a defense against a triggering attack)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also trail 5 feet from both of you (if the staircase is wide enough) to keep my rune of protection over both of your heads.

      Delete
  23. I can occupy your square with no penalty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then what say we both trail Talon 5 ft. behind? Rolling what, perception and stealth checks?

      Delete
  24. Someone try and detect magic on that door; it scares the shit out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anyone with resist fire? We're convinced this isn't trapped? Any mention of a beast like this in the rumors?

    ReplyDelete
  26. So what's the strategy here? What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Technically we can't see everything in the room yet, just some imps flying around, perhaps a bookshelf or two, etc... From this vantage point. This hallway is long and narrow leading into the room, perfect place for a swinging axe trap or something. Whoever is best stealth/thievery should sneak forward to make sure the path is clear

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm better at disarming traps and Talon is better at finding them. Should we try doing a sweep together? I'm a little concerned with the imps being aware of our presence. Do you think they are doing some time sensitive ritual that will make this encounter much harder if we let them finish? Or is it just a ruse to get us to rush in and overextend? Or do they just not truly care about our presence?

    Its quiet... too quiet

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's possible they don't care about us, or are more afraid of something else. We could do the same sneak up and us follow closely to protect you. I'll try a knowledge check on the imps first, though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I say we move in slowly, then parley with the imps. They may be bound to this room (as Dewey decimal imps), and we could get some info from them. How about the sneaks take point, and we go there from. Anyone trained in Diplo or Intimidate for dealing with the imps?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm not trained in Diplomacy, but I still have a +13 and can get an extra +5 to one check. I also have bluff if we want to try that route.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Talon and I at the head sneaking and looking for traps with the rest of you close by for backup?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Not that we're there yet, but my guess is there's something to do with the six things around the statue (same number of players?), and probably something with the lectern.

    They were described enough to bring notice, but without any actual information.

    The Imps might leave us alone until we mess with their books, or something.

    One big concern on my mind is that chipped glass floor above the Balor blood...that's just waiting for someone to break it....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Can Talon take a dungeoneering check?

    Also, should we think of a standard marching order for situations where we're not all active, but the group wants to move forward? Something like what we have now, but with the group together so someone isn't left far behind if combat happens.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So who's up for some light reading?

    ReplyDelete
  36. The Imps are fearful of something. Maybe we should ask them? It also might not be a good idea to mess with THEIR book keeping until we know more.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Why don't we creep up some more, and I'll try talking to them. Though there's no guarantee they'll be able to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't think there is much use in creeping if we're just going to stroll up and say hello.

      Nettle definitely has the best chance of parlaying with these imps.

      Delete
  38. Might as well initiate voice contact with them since we're both aware of each other. If their scared of something or doing something time sensitive it's in our best interest to know what.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I was just thinking about traps on the way to the room, but I'll talk to them from hear. Hopefully we can understand each other.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Now we should consider whether we can trust them, and whether we should press them for more information about the room. There's likely valuable items in here, particularly scrolls and unreliably a means of draining Dracolisk bile from the Death Wyvern's Crucible.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think if we press for the valuables, we'll probably have to fight the Imps, Or they might go and call their master, and we'll be stuck fighting him. We definitely want to find as much about any pits or traps in here as we can first in case fighting breaks out. This room just screams pit traps...or...screaming pit traps...

    ReplyDelete
  42. We're not going to get anything out of them. I guess we'll have to creep forward again.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Also, don't be rude, or arrogant, or impatient, mess with their books (until we're ready), third strike probably means we get attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Okay, so should I advance into the seminary then? I'm warry of those bound flameskulls, but if we tarry here, we're going to piss off those imps.

    ReplyDelete
  45. march into the room slowly with everyone making every perception/insight/arcana/dungeoneering/religion check possible?

    ReplyDelete
  46. I don't see another option other than heading back upstairs. Unless we want to attack the two we can see and hold the corridor against the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should make him carry the rest of us...lol

      Delete
    2. I can carry 30 more pounds and still fly. My pixie dust might work on one of you, but it's doubtful.

      Delete
  47. If they're completing a task (most likely a ritual) for their master, wouldnt stopping them prove useful to our goal?

    The flame skulls are probably death traps. I think we need to move inside and get more information by poking our noses around.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Should we investigate the statue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's do that. But no touchy. Perhaps there's something on the covers of the 6 tomes.

      Delete
  49. Any interest in just passing through the room to the doors spotted on the balcony? Perhaps we will encounter something in a later room that will shed more light to the seminary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There's not much sense in poking around with something we don't understand (yet).

      Delete
    2. Alright, let's check out the stairs and flame skulls first and see where that gets us. Either there is something important in this room, or the unreliable rumor is meant to distract us. I'm fine with moving on if we can do that safely.

      Delete
  50. The Important thing is probably the books then, and potentially the statue. And there may or may not be the unreliable rumor we have. Either way, we'll have to move closer to clearly investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The floor *is* stable right? So we can move through with no issues (floor-speaking). Stay wide of any potential threats, and move to the door? Who wants to go first, Nettle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still worried about traps on the stairs. I'm going to scan around for magical auras before moving.

      Delete
  52. Have we actually checked for traps / arcana on the floor? I know we've looked at it's stability a lot so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand I advanced into the seminary. I'll continue the lead and check the stairs and doors for traps.

      Delete
  53. I'll follow behind the leader as usual

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is what I'm thinking for standard marching order, which we can use unless otherwise noted if we all agree.

    Talon
           Oros
    Brand
           Carefia
    Nettle
           Kaddim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds okay to me; just be aware that once shit hits the proverbial fan, I'll be falling back to the rear.

      If we are forced into single ranks, I'd say Brand should take up the forward position with Talon right behind him, acting as his spotter.

      Delete
    2. Talon loves the rear...

      I second your idea. The staggered approach is flexible, so it can be adapted easily. This is mainly to save time so we don't have to keep saying where we are when creeping around.

      Delete
    3. Instead of marching in one straight line, should we do a 3 by 2 rectangle? That way, if Carefia takes one of the middle two spots, she's adjacent to everyone and therefore everyone has the rune of protection.

      Delete
  55. Hm, seems as if the open tome on the lectern works with (or activates) the 6 other tomes, perhaps a man stood at the lectern and read from it to set something into action. I say we more closely read the open tome on the lectern? If its decipherable.

    ReplyDelete
  56. A few things if I may:

    I don't think the imps are a threat to us. But these tomes may be very useful to figure out a weakness or clue of the heresiarchs origin that will benefit us.

    Anyone check the covered statue yet? Or stared to look around for traps/hidden doorways behind the bookshelves? This screams Addams family to me!

    Also, can we be a bit more conservative in posting? The 38 emails since this morning make hard for me to catch up on everything, especially seeing I only have my lunch break to do so until after work. It seems like everyone else can post at will, I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, man.

      I let my enthusiasm get the beter of me; I'll make an effort to scale back and wait for others.

      Delete
  57. Once we sweep the room and we've deactivated any traps/are sure it's safe, let's grab one of those imp bastard and make them tell us everything they know.

    ReplyDelete
  58. The book in O3 sounds like a lightning trap. Does someone want to investigate with Thievery/Perception?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def, i'd suggest Oros or Talon should check O3 for a lightning trap.

      Delete
  59. It's a sad thing your adventures have ended here!

    Oh wait, I'm not DMing this game. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Um call me chicken but I do not want to touch this open tome on the lectern. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  61. *reads the book titles* thinks: "congratulations, you have discovered all the rituals you will be needing in this adventure..."

    We only have....two of these covered? Ermahgerd!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. So, I'm thinking we should move this bookshelf out of the way and take a better look at that mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I agree, but we'll have to expect an attack from the imps. Maybe we should attack first?

    ReplyDelete
  64. I agree, says the weak-ass Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Should we go back to the hallway?

    ReplyDelete
  66. 1) do we think we can take 12 of these suckers? (would be great if they're minions...

    2) do we really want to know what's behind the bookshelf? (it was an unreliable rumor, and lightning enchantment doesn't sound like a switch

    3) Ritual books, do we want to do anything with those?

    4) hey look! more doors at the end of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  67. anyone feel like taking a knowledge check on the imps

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'd rather not start a fight if we don't need to.

    I say we either try and check out that mosaic (and if the imps attack so be it) or leave this room behind for now and push forward.

    The ritual books worry me. Until that ward is dealt with, I imagine if we touch them, We'll receive a shower of burning embers or something.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I'll take a knowledge check. I can also try talking to them again, but I think that will have the same result as moving the book.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Alright well I guess this tome on the lectern could possibly be the way to end the warding spell on the 6 ritual books. Just maybe. I'd love to have those ritual books if we can figure out how to disarm the warding. Id need to get an arcane PC up here to check it out though.

    I'd say checking out that mosaic is entirely worth it too. But if we can get these ritual books lets try to, they could come in great use. and for some reason I feel like the imps really aren't a big worry

    ReplyDelete
  71. Pending the knowledge check, maybe we should try intimidating one of the imps for some answers. Likely they are more afraid of something else than us, though. I would like to see the mosaic. It could be an important clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by we, I mean I (as the only one with decent intimidate).

      Delete
  72. If we are planning on fighting the Imps, i think we might as well get a surprise round in first!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Ok well Brand's arcana check of 18 senses no connection between the lectern tome and anything else, so I'll leave it be for now. Meaning our options are intimidate/surprise attack the imps (but to what end?), move the bookcase to investigate mosaic (I vote yes as long as we can be sure there's no trap), and last option is move onwards. Any other options?

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oros's perception check didn't find any traps around the book in O3. Should someone else try, or should we move it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're good to go on moving it.

      Was the fact that these books are fiction, whereas the other bookcases are nonfiction relevant? Or was that just to identify the mosaic?

      Delete
  75. Alright, we can ask diplomatically, we can try to intimidate, or we can strike first. I'm on the fence about this. I don't want to initiate, but neither do I want to miss out on a surprise round or a good defensive position (like the corridor).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do we think they might tell us? And hmmm, why would we strike at all? If we can avoid fighting we should

      Delete
    2. I don't know about you, but I'm burning up with hate inside :)

      Delete
    3. You can move the book then, if you want. We can ready actions to attack if they do as well. Position is the final question. The hallway is the most defensible, but pretty far from the book mover(s). I'd be fine with huddling around the imp near O3 and all readying actions to attack if he gets hostile.

      Delete
    4. I would like to suggest against hovering in front of or around the "lightning and transmutation" source of magic hidden behind a bookcase

      that said, I don't think this is going to be as easy as retreating to the hallway and "hot gates'ing" it.

      But I'm ready to go when you guys are

      Delete
    5. Nothing about this is easy. We're currently placed around the corner from O3 and thus safe from the potential lightning but close enough to jump in.

      If Oros goes up to move the book, I can have my virtue ready to prevent an attack, while the rest of the party readies attacks on the closest imps.

      Sound good? Should we wait for Anthony to chime in later?

      Delete
    6. Sure, let's wait for him but in the meantime we can at least say which attacks we ready and which squares we want to be in when this all goes down. (Movement and ready actions)

      Delete
  76. Ok, can we settle on one task at a time? This mosaic interests me. I worry about the books, Using them may give us blight and we don't have any direct questions to ask. How about we try and push this bookshelf out of the way and have a look. This sounds like a clue for the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like the current plan is to have Oros move the bookshelf in front of the mosaic, but first the rest of us ready actions (in case the imps attack)

      Delete
  77. I agree about leaving the books for now (We can come back and get blighted later). Let's move the bookcase and take a look at this ominous mosaic..

    ReplyDelete
  78. Ah yes, missed some of that earlier comments. Let's tackle the bookcase then move on. If the imps don't attack us for rearranging the shelf, I'm going to bet they are programmed not to fight us.

    ReplyDelete
  79. So, i'm thinking of picking up one of the 6 books in the middle. any suggestions as to which one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown warding magic on them but you're gonna go for it anyway? Ballsy!

      Delete
  80. Also my guess is there something on the other side of the mosaic? Maybe stand back and throw something at it to attempt breaking through to the other side ?

    ReplyDelete
  81. Given that it was hidden behind fiction, I wonder if the mosaic is a lie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Very insightful. But what is it lying about? And if it's just meant to deter us or distract us, then why hide it?

      Delete
  82. I think now that we know there's a keyhole on the statue's head, unlocking it might reveal the secret of this room, either the mosaic, or the locked tomes.

    Think we can get it with thievery or think it requires a key?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably needs a key, which is undoubtedly somewhere else in the dungeon. That said, if Oros wants to climb up there and try and pick it I won't stop him...

      Delete
  83. Hmm, maybe the mage hand should try to pull out the iron lips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the statue has a keyhole where a face would be its (missing face) the mosaic, if we can pull out the lips, might "fill the face" as in, those lips might be the key. Just a guess, but yes it's worth Mage handing those out if possible.

      Delete
    2. Though the trap might go off unless someone with Thievery tries it. What do you think, Oros?

      Delete
    3. BTW, I'm really curious about whether we need to kiss that thing, or whether that will just result in death.

      Delete
    4. hrm....kiss the lightning enchanted mural where the lips are made of a nice conductive iron material...

      Delete
  84. A 1000gp and my daughters hand in marriage to the first crusader to kiss those succubi lips!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Okay, I vote that we push on forward and investigate the door.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Deuce, mail me your gold and your daughter... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham: I am a man of my word. I owe you one daughter:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YiPC91QUk

      Gold on its way. Sent via the Treasure goblin postal service. I assume they are trustworthy.

      Delete
  87. I have to confess... that was pretty hot

    ReplyDelete
  88. What do you guys think about the confession booth? Go in through the open door and sit down for a one on one with something vile?

    ReplyDelete
  89. At this point I think we took a risk and it paid off, probably time to discover some rocking loot! Who's up first?

    ReplyDelete
  90. I'll do it if I get the go ahead from the others. But which door should I enter to sit in?

    ReplyDelete
  91. In the distance you can hear a thunderous laughter; the Storm Lord is amused by his mortal champion's fate.

    ReplyDelete
  92. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Hmm I feel like staying as a haunt would only buff combat, but pulling my fighter in next would buff it even more. I'm curious about playing the haunt but perhaps I'll do that next time I die. *knocks on wood*. So I'll be pulling my pregen fighter in next.

    ReplyDelete
  94. So, up or down? I feel that organ music could be some kind of religious service, which could turn sour if we interrupt it.

    ReplyDelete
  95. If we think we're done in the Seminary, then I vote upwards towards the organ music.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I vote up just because down in the darkness seems a bit more threatening. And also about the key, it could be anywhere I think, not just in the seminary.

    ReplyDelete
  97. I'm back and ready to rock, guys. Xann will have much more damage output than a mere 20 damage, so I'm putting him in.

    I'm surprised so many of you entered the confessional after Talon's demise... the greed runs deep in this group!

    I don't care which direction we go, but I am itching to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Let's go up then. Who's on point now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll have to be Oros. Xann has a paltry +2 perception.

      Delete
  99. Looks like we should explore the rest of the seminary before moving on since no map updates available yet. What haven't we checked?

    ReplyDelete
  100. While the others are searching the seminary, Xann will rock out to the "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" coming from upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Kory, do you want to start searching up the stairway? I'll follow as before.

    ReplyDelete
  102. While a hot coal fight would be a good way to pass the time while the DM is away, looks like we'll just have to wait and see about this keyhole. Everyone have their ticket for the Opera?

    ReplyDelete
  103. We can always come back to this room later...I'm down for going up (sorry have been unavailable the past few days)

    ReplyDelete
  104. alright going up the stairs everybody with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Xann commands you to ascend, scout!

      (and will bravely follow at a distance)

      Delete
  105. I'm with you. I think everyone else is waiting to see what you find. Maybe they should be at the bottom of the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  106. So for marching order, who's up front now? Mikhail, Xann and Oros?

    Should we try and talk this one out, or go in blasting?

    I could also use a ritual, like hand of fate to compare some options.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Mikhail still needs to get his ass up here.

    Xann is an archer, so I'd rather not take up a frontline position.

    How about this marching order: Brand, Mikhail, Oros, Xann, Nettle, Kaddim?

    Also, note that I grant everyone a +2 to initiative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staggered approach?

      My best shot at a visual representation:

      |Brand|empty|
      |empty|Mikhail|
      |Oros|empty|
      |empty|Xann|
      |Nettle|empty|
      |empty|Kaddim|

      Delete
    2. Order seems fine with me! Let's move in. BTW, I now get the feeling this cathedral will have clues that are tied to the confessional. #fourthcorelogic

      Delete
  108. I didn't go anywhere I'm on the staircase... I was just peeking down there sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  109. V/W 6&7 look like an area that may be trapped, but my guess is we have a skill challenge of diplomacy/intimidate/bluff, etc... Conversation with the lady in the throne and if we don't make her happy, dire consequences, if we do make her happy, possibly a reward. I say we move up in the hallway together so that we can shout across to her and engage in conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Good cop bad cop whose my good cop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is more like maniac cop

      Delete
    2. We haven't entered her domain yet so if this does turn sour we can hold off in the hallway. The fact that the organ music was a ritual is what made me move quick, I bet those skeletons will animate in a certain number of rounds.

      Delete
    3. We weren't in "rounds" though, so there urgency wasn't absolutely necessary. Regardless, we're still alive.

      Delete
    4. Also since she's not actually playing an organ and the music is a conjuration specifically, I believe it's harmless. I could be wrong, of course.

      Delete
    5. My apologies for acting so quickly then (I thought perhaps the DM could have been counting our movement/actions as turns/rounds). She doesn't seem so bad, hehe, I still wouldn't drink her drink though Nettle. Darest you enter?

      Delete
  111. If you are favored by her, then drinking from the cup might not be a bad thing...i say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not getting anywhere near her without the rest of you in the room, though.

      Delete
    2. Let's all stick together, if she's telling the truth, and we do this favor for her, having Heresiarch's ex-girl as an informant could prove invaluable.

      Delete
  112. Alright, here goes nothing (Nettle's nickname in pixie school? :p)

    If this turns sour I'll try to dominate her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nettle, you stud you, give the Heresiarch's ex the bizness!

      Delete
  113. if you're not drinking the cup, then i think so.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  114. Wow... those obelisks sure would have been useful in the confessional

    ReplyDelete